The Beginings


I have been interested in aviation for many years, it started off at the start of Secodary school when i was 11. I am now 16. Its not long, no, but the knowledge i have gained is irreversable. For the first few years I only collected books, filled with facts about aviation. In 2018 i picked up my first model kit, an airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane mk1. My main interest at this time was aircraft from WWII. This started to shift in August 2019.
Now to go back even further - I live in a town called Yeovil in Somerset in England. Westland Helicopters (now leonardo) is in this town, and RNAS Yeovilton (HMS Heron) is just 5 miles away. You could say that my life has been (literally) filled with aviation.
So i said my interest for aviation started out at the start of Secondary School, well its always been there, but i guess it started to become a major interest when i was 11. 
So back to my models. I have been modelling for about 2 years (started about 17th May 2018). I made mostly planes, I made a Lynx just after the RNAS Yeovilton Airday 2018. I made a couple trainer jets, a Gnat and a Jet Provost but my main pasion was still with WWII aircraft.
This changed in 2019.  I made a Mig 17 (one of my favorites)  but i still made lots of WWII aircraft, In August i made an Aerospatiale Cougar, this is when started to develop a deep passion for Rotaries. 

And this will be continued in my next post

Popular posts from this blog

Whirlwind XN358